Okay so really….I know I am not the ONLY one, but I am a HUGE Trader Joe’s fan. About 95% of my grocery’s come from there, and between the variety, low prices, friendly staff, and delicious outcomes, I couldn’t be happier! You’ll notice almost every post will include a Trader Joe’s mention. I love spending at least an hour there, it is so relaxing. Finding new products to try is SO exciting! Between suggestions and things I simply stumble upon, the excite has yet to die out.
I am going to list a few of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES below. These items I buy every. single. trip. Staples in my house to say the least.
- Trader Joe’s Soft Multigrain Rustico Bread – “a soft, rustic sandwich bread with flax, sesame and sunflower seeds, rolled oats and molasses” – THE BEST BREAD! Although this doesn’t help my “sensitive to gluten” issue, this bread checks off so many other boxes! The loaves are all cut a little differently, I try and grab a wider cut loaf, I find them better for toast! Aside from toast, this bread is perfect for grilled cheese, sandwiches, w/ soup, some peanut butter, ugh the options are endless! High in fiber, and protein, and low in sodium and sugar! a MUST buy!
- Columbus Calabrese Salame – “pork raised without added hormones ever, no artificial colors or flavors” – I recently started really enjoying salami and this is my absolute favorite. It is the perfect addition to a cheese plate, by itself, or in a sandwich! It is gluten free, and has NO MSG. I love their mission statement as well. “Since 1917, we have pursued our passion for craft meats with a deep respect for our San Francisco heritage and a stubborn commitment to making great meat.”
- Trader Joe’s 3 Seed Beet Crackers – These were a random grab for me. Was intrigued and looking for a different sort of cracker to go with my pepperoni, chz and salami. LIFE CHANGING. They also make them in a sweet potato and they are equally as amazing. The perfect crunch to go along with any flavor. Although gluten free, they aren’t made in a soy-free factory. Minimal ingredients, maximum taste.
- Trader Joe’s Shaved Brussels Sprouts – well first of all….who knew it was brussels w/ an S! I feel a little silly or not knowing…but it also sounds so weird so…over it. Anyway…THESE ARE MY FAV! I know I could buy brussels sprouts and either chop them or throw them in a food processor…but who has time for that?! I use these for so many things. On my morning toast, in a salad, on top of a turkey burger, on top of any meal really. With a little coconut oil, crushed red pepper, minced garlic, salt and pepper, these never ever disappoint.
- Trader Joe’s Organic Low-Fat Yogurt Squishers – alright so I am ready for the laughs here…but idc! If you were raised in the 90’s and saw these you would think…gogurt! Yes, they are in a “to-go” tube, and may or may not be for children, but delicious none the same! On my way to work, quickly instead of making an entire yogurt bowl…so yummy! There are a few flavors but I prefer the strawberry flavor personally. These aren’t the healthiest, but also not the worst? eh, delicious all the same.